05 November, 2008



Here's a little taste of what I've been working on for this craft fair coming up in December. I know the pictures are bad, but I've yet to make my photo light box so that I can take stellar pics of my product. Pictured above are the tutus, tiaras, paper-crafted christmas trees and topiaries, and christmas blocks that I make. Someday I'll post other stuff I've been crafting, but I thought I'd narrow it down to Christmas and tutus for this post. I sell my tutus and tiaras and ship them, so if you know of anyone looking for adorable girly gifts then send them my way!

5 indications that people actually read this blog:

Stephanie.Fitness said...

I can't believe how crafty you are! Who knew?! I too am quite crafty, at least I think so. I make baby rag quilt crib sets and sometimes even burp cloths and then sell them on ebay. Right now it's my busy season during the holidays because I also make cute holiday decor rag quilts with pillows. Crazy, huh? We go from college rugby players, to stay at home moms with little crafty hobbies on the side. I think it's so awesome!

Amber Larsen said...

Wow! You do well with ebay? I have always been afraid that no one would want my stuff because there is such a wide variety on there and so many people sell the same things. How do you price them?

Stephanie.Fitness said...

Ebay is great! It puts about an extra $100 bucks in my pocket here and there. I don't really do it for the mula, I just enjoy making quilts, but I mind as well make a little money doing what I love, right? I price my stuff by adding up what it costed me to actually make it, and add a few more dollars to what Ebay and Paypal would take out after I sell it, and then I put that amount down for the starting auction bid. Sometimes, I don't make anything, I just break even and other times I can make a killing. It all depends in the people bidding and the time of year. Right now, you'd probably do awesome because Chrismas is coming up and people are always looking for cute things that are OOAK (One of a kind). Plus, if you do ebay, I always like to check out my competition and then I steal some of their selling ideas. It's a little time consuming once you get started, but it gets easier the more a play around with it. Plus, I bought some templates to spice up my pages and it gives them a little character. You can purchase those on ebay as well and then the seller who made the templates can walk you through on how to use them. Also if you use templates it cheaper for you to post your stuff because you don't have to pay ebay to post your pictures. If you want more info let me know and I'll explain things better. Check out the stuff I have on ebay now and you can see kind of what I do! Just log into Ebay and type in Scrappywoods. That's ME!

Amber Larsen said...

I will definitely check it out and I'm sure I'll be asking you some questions. Have you checked out Etsy.com? You should set up shop on there. I am in the process of doing that now. It's a site made specifically for crafters to sell their stuff so people on it are looking specifically for homemade and personal items. They charge 20cents for each item you post and you get up to 5 pics of that item for free. You don't have bids, it's just an online store.

Stephanie.Fitness said...

I'll have to check that web site out. Sounds very interesting! Thanks for the heads up about that. Good Luck with Ebay! Seriously though, ask me anything and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can.