09 December, 2008

Shoot me now!

Holy crap, I am MORTIFIED!!! Apparently, my last post "*A*M*E*C Christmas Party 2008" (which I have changed to Christmas Party 2008) got Dave a lot of razzing at work because stupid me didn't realize that someone does a google blog check every day for the company. Guess whose blog shows up #2 on the list? This is a HUGE company, guys! HUGE! International!!! In fact, headquarters in London found it and was concerned that the Phoenix office was blowing a bunch of money on lavish parties. If that weren't embarrassing enough, there had to be some commenting on how my idea of a "posh" party really was not very posh at all. You can take that two ways: 1) I'm an exaggerater OR 2) I'm really small town. Okay, guys, for a couple from IDAHO,any party where they don't serve jello salad and wienies in a blanket is a pretty fancy party! Especially for my man whose idea of dressing up is putting on a polo shirt with his basketball shorts. I want to dig myself a hole and put my head in it!!! haha! Hopefully they look past the bad blog post and get captivated by the cute kids. Forgive me, Dave!!!

3 indications that people actually read this blog:

Kari said...

OUCH! That is painful. Sorry to hear it. Coming from someone in the same town your from...ahem...I would probably be blown away by any decent holiday party. To be completely honest, if a party is held at the Holiday Inn here -- you're big time!

Stephanie.Fitness said...

I'm laughing my ass off, but I'm only laughing with you, not at you! I know exactly how you're feeling. I've sooooo been there! We Idahoan's don't really know how to have a posh party unless we have funeral potatoes and keystone beer! I'd kill for a real "dress up and look nice" party. Well at least you had fun and who knows, a couple of years from now, you might be able to look back at this and laugh :) BTW, love your etsy shop. Super cute! Good Luck My Fellow Idahoan!

Melissa said...

Jello salad isn't fancy??!!